Gravit Designer discussion

Cannot merge shaped correctly

I have created two half-moon-like objects, for each one making first an oval and then cutting it(substracting) with another small oval. I now want to merge together these two shapes to make one but everytime I try to do it, it works like the Difference action: it removes the common part both shapes are touching. I have converted both shapes into paths so that they work as an individual piece instead of the previously merged group, but it doesn’t work.
Composition of both objects and result when trying to unite them:

1 Like

Hi Gemma, welcome to the forum

Can you upload the .gvdesign file so we can see see the objects you have created and try to work out if there is something causing this problem

As you have explained it, it should work just fine. Usually, if you are getting unusual results with union, subtract etc it’s because one of the objects is still a compound path

1 Like

It’s the second page, ‘‘Gardevoir’’
Tasca2_Gemma_Mulet.gvdesign (24.5 KB)

1 Like

Well it’s behaving exactly as you said and I can’t see what might be causing the problem

However, I did notice if you move the green shape say 10 pixels to the right then they merge correctly. You could do this then adjust any individual points as needed

Hope this helps

1 Like

I moved it a bit to the right and it indeed did work! it still looks perfectly good so thank you so so much

2 Likes

Your most welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes