Gravit Designer discussion

[Fixed] Problem with Ubuntu 20.04

Hello! I installed gravit via snap on the new version of ubuntu (20.04). However, when clicking on the application icon, it does not open. I downloaded the appimage, it opens, but it is necessary to login every time I start it. Could you help me?

I’m on Ubuntu 18.04 and have started having the same issue when opening Gravit ever since the last update (22.04.2020).

I wrote the dev team and they’re aware of and working on a quick fix for the issue apparently, so hopefully it won’t be too long!

Meanwhile, please use:

snap run gravit-designer --no-sandbox

Having the same problem with the pro-version on Kubuntu 18.04

Webversion works fine and starting with ‘snap run gravit-designer --no-sandbox’ as suggested also works

Haven’t used GD for about 1,5 week so I don’t know when it started (today’s april 30th)

in addition: working with the no-sandbox option makes it unable to save on the local drive; gravit cloud saving works fine

can’t you write files on disk even if you add the extension manually?

Yes, addin the extension manually makes GD write the file locally!

Great! Ty for the feedback.

and might this terminal-message help?

arjan@arjan-E402NA:~$ snap run gravit-designer
2020/04/30 17:09:45.099572 main.go:173: description of sign’s “k” is lowercase: “naam van de te gebruiken sleutel, gebruik anders de standaardsleutel”
[4340:0430/170945.350217:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now. You need to make sure that /snap/gravit-designer/41/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Traceer/breekpunt-instructie (geheugendump gemaakt)
arjan@arjan-E402NA:~$

1 Like

Hi
I’ve been using this on 18.04.4 for months not had a problem, went to use it today would not start. Rebooted, still nothing. Uninstalled snap package and reinstalled still nothing.

running from terminal produces this error
[16238:0512/150730.688295:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I’m aborting now. You need to make sure that /snap/gravit-designer/41/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

running --no-sandbox does get round it for the moment is there a fix on the way?

I will also check my home PC tonight as I recently upgraded to 20.04 - which was working the other day.

Is this an issue with snap itself?

Duncan

running --no-sandbox does get round it for the moment is there a fix on the way?

Yes, the next release of Gravit Designer will fix this. I don’t have an ETA yet but it will be very soon.

Would you please update? There’s a new version which should fix those issues.

1 Like

Thanks for fix it!

1 Like

The new update has fixed some problems, for instance I am now able to open the program normally and I’m also able to save, thanks! :slight_smile:

I still have one issue on Ubuntu 18.04, and that is that I have to log in every time I open Gravit. I log in with Google and it works fine, just that the state doesn’t persist anymore.

Does anyone else still have this issue?

Scofano & team thnx for the fix!

1 Like

no I don’t, never had, but I log in with an own username, not via google

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.