Gravit Designer discussion

Font use and import?

As @aspen mentioned, we’re talking about Gravit Designer (the desktop app for MacOS).

The Import font feature does not work there.

If you are using the desktop app, the installed fonts will appear in the web fonts listing instead of system fonts.

This should be fixed so that local font should appear in the System fonts tab instead.
Also installed font should appear at the top of the font list for easier access.

Can you try again?

As you can see. I just import Warnock Pro it´s not working, also font preview doesn´t show [delete] as Moonglow too.

Currently for installed fonts, they will not show Preview of the font. The delete will allow you to remove it from the font list.

As for the delete font, we will improve the UI to make it more easier to use / understand.

And I will check Warnock Pro if there are any problems with that font. We tested many fonts, but there’s always a possibility for some nonstandard/unsupported things inside a font file

So if they not show preview on the right, how they still show exact font preview at least here, minus Warnock which I import.

Warnock seems to be okay on me. I did check it with FontExplorer.
And if I activate font in FontExplorer, it doesn´t appear on Gravit, if it appears and could be use, I think lots of font problems will be solved.

Web font preview is available because it was generated on our side. System font preview is available because these fonts are installed in your system and browser knows how to display them. When you click a font, font is read and is shown in the textfield.
Imported fonts don’t have the preview, because they are being read after you click them. Not when you open the font list. Browser don’t know how the font look, until it reads it. If we were to show imported font preview, we’d have to read the font when you import it, generate the preview and store it in your browser. Current way is faster to read a font, but maybe in future we will generate the preview when you import the font.

And from what I see, it seems that warnock is Montserrat, because last font you used is Montserrat, and gravit couldn’t read Warnock, so it left previous font (Montserrat).

Some 2 weeks ago I remember fixing support for some fonts. Online designer.io should use same font importer code as standalone, and I just checked warnock there - https://app.designer.io - and it imported correctly. But maybe you have some other version of the font? I checked with OTF regular, that is available to download on various sites.

Also, font should almost cerainly work if it is correctly imported and displayed on https://opentype.js.org/ Many fonts that do not work there, work in gravit, but this site is a basic criterion for the font to work

Okay, the Import fonts works (with the not-so intuitive UI described in this thread).

Thank you for looking into this, very appreciated!

I still cannot import otf fonts. Stool, Americana… This is very annoying:imp:

Hi, how can I import more than one font?

From “File > Import > Fonts” you can select multiple fonts at once to import.

Hey, i have been having problems importing fonts. Usually what happens is when I go into import fonts and then add fonts, nothing happens.

Imported fonts can be found in the fonts list in the “Imported fonts” tab. This doesn’t work for you? https://cl.ly/211b1F0o3v1d

Which operation system and version (web or desktop) are you using?

ohhhh, me too

Hi @Carol,

Aren’t you able to see/use the imported fonts?

I have version 2019-2 and have the same problem. I installed some new fonts and even though they are available on MS Word etc. they dont show up in the System Fonts tab. Really frustating such a simple thing and Gravit Designer cant fix it.

Are you using linux?