Gravit Designer discussion

Gravit locked on hand/View

Using the latest Gravit version, on macOS Hight Sierra.
It happend before, while working, but today the app is locked on the hand/View. I started new design (custom, 1200 x 1800) and… it just got stuck on the hand. The only thing I can do is move the screen. I cannot select any other tools. In short, I can’t do anything.

Any idea what might cause this problem?

1 Like

A restart of Gravit helped, but it happen again after 12 minutes.

Possibly silly idea, but check nothing is physically resting on the Spacebar on the keyboard - holding the Spacebar down acts as a temporary Hand/Pan selector.
I did something like this once, when I had the corner of a book resting on the Spacebar.

(Also tap the Spacebar a few times to see if the key is possibly sticky - sometimes happens, especially with some old keyboards - the spring or rubber buffer under the key can start breaking down).

Welcome to our forum, @ioto.

Could you please check if you have the latest version (3.2.5) installed? You can see this from the start screen of Gravit Designer.

When the hand tool is locked, you can’t select any other tool in the toolbar, or try to “deselect” it again? Could you please create a video, that shows this issue?

I’m having the same problem, where Gravit seems to get stuck on the hand tool. Can’t select any other tool, usually can snap out of it by Zoom+Marqueeing in or out. Very annonying.
Running 3.2.6 on OS X el Capitan. 10.11.6

Thanks for reporting. So far we weren’t able to replicate this issue here. Could you please keep track of the issue and see if you can pinpoint it to a certain behavior?

Same issue here using 3.2.6 on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. When I zoom in or out 70% of the time the view tool locks and I can’t change the tool selection unless I zoom in or out again. Little frustrating as it’s sporadic.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks for reporting. I’ve filed an internal bug report and I hope we can pinpoint the issue.

Everybody who reported this issue, would it be possible to create a video if it occurs again?

I just got the issue, but I reloaded the website and it was fixed. Also when I reloaded the website it automatically updated to the new verision.

Hi. I just wanted to pop in and say that this just happened to me. I was working on an unsaved file and saving it resolved the issue. For awhile there, I thought I was going nuts :wink: