Yesterday I conducted a little (non-scientific) experiment, comparing performance on the current official build (3.2.6) vs beta. The results were stunning!
I have a test file (real-life project) with lots of pages, symbols, some images and some complex shapes with applied several fills and effects (whenever necessary).
Performance in 3.2.6 was a nightmare, but not in beta!
It is a huge leap in performance! Here are some measurements:
- App start time: 3.50 sec. (official), 3 sec. (beta)
- File open: 54 sec. (official), 27 sec. (beta)
- Show multiple pages: 5 sec. (official), 3 sec. (beta)
- Duplicate page: 1 min 20 sec. (official), 24 sec. (beta)
- Undo Duplicate page: 1 min 30 sec. (official), 34 sec. (beta)
This are the areas that I saw improvements. All tests are made on one (Windows 10) machine with the same file.
Note: Some (zoom and pan) lag was especially apparent on portions of the design, and I was able to trace the particular reason. The offender was noise fill applied over a subtle gradient, in order to reduce color bending issues. Once noise was removed/hidden - Zoom and Pan lag almost disappeared.
Great work guys! Thank you