Gravit Designer discussion

Great work on performance in beta!

Hey Team,

Yesterday I conducted a little (non-scientific) experiment, comparing performance on the current official build (3.2.6) vs beta. The results were stunning!

I have a test file (real-life project) with lots of pages, symbols, some images and some complex shapes with applied several fills and effects (whenever necessary).

Performance in 3.2.6 was a nightmare, but not in beta!
It is a huge leap in performance! Here are some measurements:

• App start time: 3.50 sec. (official), 3 sec. (beta)
  • File open: 54 sec. (official), 27 sec. (beta)
  • Show multiple pages: 5 sec. (official), 3 sec. (beta)
  • Duplicate page: 1 min 20 sec. (official), 24 sec. (beta)
  • Undo Duplicate page: 1 min 30 sec. (official), 34 sec. (beta)

This are the areas that I saw improvements. All tests are made on one (Windows 10) machine with the same file.

Note: Some (zoom and pan) lag was especially apparent on portions of the design, and I was able to trace the particular reason. The offender was noise fill applied over a subtle gradient, in order to reduce color bending issues. Once noise was removed/hidden - Zoom and Pan lag almost disappeared.

Great work guys! Thank you

3 Likes

Hi, how do I try out the beta version? I’ve searched the forums and the Edit>settings switch isnt available to me, any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi @akinmayowa, try
https://designer-beta.gravit.io/ or the download link Christian provided in this thread Chinese Fonts List is all garbled

:slight_smile:

Thank you!

Thanks for letting us know, @disho. This means a lot to us. We made huge efforts to improve Gravit Designer lately – and it seems these efforts came to fruition.

Unfortunately, this is just the beginning, as there are still many areas where major improvements are necessary. But we are getting there bit by bit with your help. :slight_smile:

I call this the power of the community. Every app/company that doesn’t use this power is quite stupid. :wink:

Just a quick question:

Note: Some (zoom and pan) lag was especially apparent on portions of the design, and I was able to trace the particular reason. The offender was noise fill applied over a subtle gradient, in order to reduce color bending issues. Once noise was removed/hidden - Zoom and Pan lag almost disappeared.

Could you please send over a file (hello@gravit.io) where you experienced this lag so that we can better replicate it here?

Mail on the way :slight_smile:

Thanks for the beta, really amazing.

Just one comment. The Arabic is still not working properly.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Just one comment. The Arabic is still not working properly.

We haven’t changed anything in this regard in 3.3, but improvements will come in the next version.

Hi,
When are you planning to roll out the new version 3.3.0?

Next week.

1 Like