Corel Vector discussion

¿Is Gravit Designer Dead?

Hi, i have bought Gravit because Linux Support, i use ubuntu, but the Snap app disappear from existence, i have not view news from 2 years ago (Social Media, Web, etc…)
¿Whats Going on? ¿Everything ok?

1 Like

Hi @AdrianMoraJimenez, welcome to the forum.

The Social media channels are going through some remodeling. Gravit is a bit silent at the moment, but it is not dead. There are new releases almost every month.

Although the Snap version was removed due to a compatibility issue, there’s the AppImage one and you also may check the PWA or the web version.

Could you please at least update the changelog that the software itself refers to after updating itself.

I consider Gravit a patient on its deathbed or coma until I see a real feature release. Been with Gravit since forever but after years of waiting I have other options that makes Gravit reduntant. My biggest reason for running Gravit was a Linux machine I retired and replaced with a Windows machine to get better options.

I have been a project member (embedded customer) in huge software projects the last 10 years, so I know about hotfixes, service relases and major releases. I see only microsoftpic releases. The entire universe around Gravit almost died or went silent and I think it is time to move on for me.

I heard several of you talk about remodeling and “something is coming” and “Bear with us” and lots of talk, I have seen feature request vote systems but no actual update of Gravits features for several years.

We do use software for actual work out here - our business case is our primary concern and my perception of the story of Gravit Designer is a missed opportunity. And a dead product.

It is money out of my pocket. So surprise me.

2 Likes

Was a nice project… u.u

i really hope that gravit is not dead since it is essential for my work.it is the go to vector graphics app in a linux environemt after moving away from apple and adobe. have been using it for years now. i feel a bit scared of letting it go. such a nice product, this can’t be!

Don’t worry, there are big plans for Gravit already on the way.
Stay tuned. :wink:

Hi, I think it will be wise for Gravit designer to put more focus effort on android.
since I just bought an android tablet, I realize how left behind android tablet is compare to ipad in term avaibility of profesional level app on their ecosystem…
what I mean is there already a ton of gravit designer alternative on windows, macOS, and ios. on ios for example there are vectornator(free) and Affinity Designer.
android on the other hand, I think gravit designer is the best option here since other vector app just not on a professional level yet. And I believe there will be more and more artist coming to android ecosystem in the future just looking at the hype of samsung tablet every year and other brand(xiaomi, oppo,vivo etc) are start to put more focus on the tablet segment.

and I know this is a bit out of topic, as an illustration that use Adobe illustrator as my main software, I really hope that you can add “shape builder” feature for the future update…

this one is a game changer since it will make smoother workflow for almost everyone. especially if we make complex scene with a lot of asset for animation. I definetly can’t use Gravit Designer for animation asset project because of this reason. since in animation assets you have to separate each object and small element to their own layer. and it’s very2 though to do without shape builder

Again, Gravit designer is definetly the best option available for android tablet users,
and looking back of how minimal the information on the internet when I looking for adobe illustrator alternatives on android, I think that should be improve since I don’t know how many peoples that are like me that strungling to find Ai alternative here on the android and didn’t get any information about gravit designer

Thanks!

1 Like

I love this app. Really hope this is true and excited to see what you guys come out with.

For all of it’s flaws, esp not being able to just about anything with bitmaps, this software is incredible for its version control among other things. The fact it’s a PWA continues to blow my mind. I’m a former software engineer who spent 15+ years in the web space, focusing on PWA’s for a few years. I can’t think of a better PWA than this one. It’s the pinnacle of PWA’s. Incredible work again guys. Please keep it alive.

3 Likes

Well… like a suppose: The App dies… :expressionless:
Reborn like Corel Vector, bur Gravit dies…

2 Likes