I use Gravit Designer with a Trotec Speedy 360 110W. My students design on Mac laptops and export as PDFs.
- Setting all borders 0.1 pt will allow the Trotec JobControl software to use the borders as cut lines;
- before exporting, leave a small area around your design (don’t let your design touch the edge of the canvas or the cutlines will not cut though this issue may have been fixed with recent updates);
- all Fills must be set to 100% (changing the fill percentage seems to affect the border resulting in cut lines that will not cut);
- export using any appropriate format but we use PDF (anywhere from 72 - 300 dpi works) with no effects (uncheck the “with effects” box during export);
- unfortunately, the Trotec laser cutter does not have a Mac driver and the Mac pdf does not encode the same way as a PC pdf so the file is then opened in Acrobat on a PC and “printed” using the JobControl print driver (note that there are many other ways to do this eg. export as SVG, open in Corel Draw/ Illustrator then print).
In the past, Christian has been very helpful in fixing issues with updates. Thank you. The one issue that is the biggest pain right now is: Any “Fills” that are less than 100% somehow affect the border in a way that the laser software no longer recognizes the exact colour or size of the border (cutlines need to be red 255,0,0 and 0.1 pt but one of these border parameters is changed when the fill is set to <100%). This may sound like a minor issue but 10 yr-old students often do stuff they are told not to do and it is only in the final step of the workflow that the error shows itself.
Thanks for the question.