On Linux the experience is bad. So bad that I hardly can get work done. I have been supporting Gravit since the beginning, I paid for Pro straight away, whereas it was still buggy here and there. I use it mostly for Web Design, and all my source files are
.gravit. Furthermore, I love that app and don’t want to use anything else. But since you dropped the Desktop version, you ruined it, and it slows me down in my work.
So please, quickly fix it.
I have been trying it with both Firefox (thought Firefox PWA) and Chrome based browsers (Chromium and Brave). I run Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
- No access to system fonts
- “Open with” from file explorer doesn’t work (nothing happens)
- Doesn’t remember last local file system location in file dialogs
- Unable to open or save files on mounted windows network shares (deal breaker)
- Brave browser: cannot save locally, locally open designs (deal breaker)
- It can open files from network shares
- Unable to import picture in PWA mode (it says that it is too large, whereas it is not)
- Unable to save locally, only a download option is available (deal breaker)
It is a mess. Please bring back the desktop app : it’s an environment you master, not like the browser world.