I have a curved path to which I have attached text to. I finished the project and exported to PDF with no issues. Once the client reviewed it, I had a very minor edit to do (spelling mistake in a different area). Upon reopening the project the text attached to this curve has bugged out a bit. The word sits above the line and curves however half way though a word, the text jumps below the line ad creates a new straight line. If I close and re open the file, it sometimes jumps back on top but adds a space in the same place (like a tab) making the end of the sentence no longer fit on the line and makes a weird second line at the end.
The line has 4 anchor points (one at each end and two close together in the middle to create the curved shape) and with the text running the entire line. The issue occurs at anchor number 2. It either places letters after 2 below or puts a gap between 2 and 3 and does the weird second line.
Because the first export was ok, I also tried to import this PDF to edit. For text on curved lines, the rendering separates each letter into its own text box. As I didn’t have to edit this, it wasn’t a major issue and they displayed correctly. When I exported and viewed the file, it moved one letter. I managed to export ticking ‘export text as curves’ and it has worked ok, but an edit that should have taken 2 mins took over half an hour.
I will also note that there is a sub heading below which had no issues (though its only got anchor 1 and 2 because its shorter).
Its obviously an anchor point issue, but its frustrating that it worked fine a couple of weeks ago and now it suddenly doesn’t.
I primarily use a desktop version (currently 2019-2) but have also tried all of the above on the web browser version on chrome (win 10) to rule out any differences.