Gravit Designer discussion

The FIX IS HERE - 2020.1.3.4.1

Hi there,

thanks for your patience.

We have just released a quick fix for both Web/PWA and Desktop versions. This new version should fix all the issues found in the previous version (exporting, login, artifacts while zooming, etc).

The web version can be found here: https://designer.gravit.io and the desktop download links can be found here: https://www.designer.io/en/download/

This newest version has been already sent to the stores (apple, windows, etc) but each store has its own review process and it may take a few days.

If you are a macOS user and you get an “unidentified developer” alert message or anything related to security you can check this link below or wait for the Apple store to release the new version.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/#:~:text=Open%20System%20Preferences.,developers’%20from%20just%20App%20Store.

If you are using a Chromebook on a school network, it is possible that you have to contact your IT team to help to update it. Some users don’t have admin permissions on those machines.

But if you are using the web version you can still try to clear cache or refresh the page in order to update it. Incognito window can work as well.

The newest version is 2020.1.3.4.1

Please write back to me so I can know if it works for you or if anything else I can do.

1 Like

Hi,

It appears you have some bugs with your latest updates. We can’t sign in even when we do a hard refresh via Google dev tools. Only by going through a VPN can we log in. We hope that you’re not trying to push out non-paying users or those who use a lot of space on your free offering. We’re developers, so we know for sure that this is something that you should be aware of via your headers…

If you are trying to push out free users, let us know now.

Hope we’re wrong.

Thanks.

Also, please do not suggest that we change our browser or cache, with a PWA and proper development, you can control that. From our end, all that we should have to do is clear the browser’s cache - nothing more.

My Gravit on Linux Both PWA and AppImage, won’t Update to this new version…

I noticed also that they don’t Open Offline…

So I tested going online and offline… Offline just brings the splash screen and doesn’t exactly load up… Let me know if I should Clear out everything and try to make a new installation, or is it error that happens in the background that I don’t see…

Current Version I am using : 2020.1.3.4 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS & Chrome for PWA

Thank you for your Time,

If you can use it through a VPN it is possible that your ISP is caching. Please contact them. It happens.

We hope that you’re not trying to push out non-paying users or those who use a lot of space on your free offering.

Where did you get this idea from? Wouldn’t it be easier just not to have any free accounts at all? It makes no sense to me unless you are using GEOPbytes. :slight_smile:

We’re developers, so we know for sure that this is something that you should be aware of via your headers…

Good to know you are developers. With this skill, can you add anything that could be helpful in your case?
I mean, have you seen anything interesting on the headers that might help?

Also, please do not suggest that we change our browser or cache, with a PWA and proper development, you can control that. From our end, all that we should have to do is clear the browser’s cache - nothing more.

I’m sorry to hear that. In that case, if you can’t still make it work, please reach our support form.

1 Like

In order to work offline you have to log in every 15 days in order to confirm your credentials (as it is a PRO feature).

You are probably suffering from cache issues as well. Please try appimage or incognito window on Chrome.

1 Like

Thank you for your Reply,

I have downloaded the update manually and all the problems I have face have been solved… Gravit is now working perfectly and very smooth… I am so very happy!!! the current version is Flawless!!!

Thank you for taking the time to work through all the bugs we users have faced so far…

All the best, Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, @dmakram. I’m happy it is working now.

1 Like

Hey,

I have updated the latest version of Gravit, and i can’t update and save my older work files even the magnet tool is not funtioning. Please solve it as soon as possible, I’m using macos bigsur and download it from appstore.

It is hard to help without knowing details about your OS, version, etc.

Please reach support here: https://support.designer.io/hc/en-us

Always keep in mind this: Please contact our support team!

Big Sur @ Macbook Pro

Software version 2020.1.3.4.1

I have been directed to this thread with my recent experience over the last 1-2 weeks

Similar problems wrt saving and exporting (ie it just doesn’t do it)
I also can no longer log in with my previous / original credentials (FB - continuous error message)
I use desktop version only.
Windows 8.1 (don’t laugh - it’s been extremely robust up until now)
Cleared cache (even though it should not be relevant for this case)
Uninstalled and reinstalled with latest version, including the supposed/purported updated “quick-fix”.
No improvement - but there’s more -->

What is even more aggravating now, is that my File Explorer is completely messed up.
I didn’t notice until a few days after the update.
Trying to do simple “right click” to create a New Folder or New Notepad .txt file no longer works properly. I have to “refresh” the screen to see that it has actually been created. And so, this is not exclusive to just Gravit,
The timing of the update and the underlying issue of not being able to export / create a new file is too much of a coincidence to be not related.

By way of comparison:
I have 2 friends/colleagues whose laptops also have Gravit (non-Pro) installed.
Both Windows10
Both users are light users (don’t use Gravit on it as frequently)

Laptop 1
Does not update --> always downloads and tries to update, but comes up with message
“Failed to update the application, please try later!”
ie using an older version with no problems with logging in or saving / export.
Has been able to use / create simple files recently (including yesterday)

Laptop 2
Updates regularly --> recently updated and experienced issues described in this forum
Also discovered the unwelcome secondary effects of a messed-up File Explorer
Uninstalling and reinstalling with recommended patch does not work.
And now looking to have to (as a v v last measure) completely wipe his laptop clean and start from scratch (thankfully all critical items backed up - but based off this experience NO WAY will he upgrade to premium neither will he even dream of using Gravit-offered cloud services).

It would be interesting to see if anyone else has also experienced similar.