Gravit Designer discussion

Uncaught exception

• Type and version of your operating system: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
  • Type and version of Gravit Designer you are using: Desktop Version 2020-1.3.4.1

First of all, thank you for Gravit Designer!
I’ve only started using Gravit Designer this week. Several times, I have opened an .eps file with an image consisting of a couple of paths, flattened it and tried to add a background and/or inner shadow / drop shadow, plus save / export the result. Unfortunately, I don’t know anymore which action have I done before getting this exception but I hope the message shown can help you anyway:
Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 18.14.43

Were you able to save the document?
I´m on the same macOS (M1 MacMini) but never caught an JavaScript error so far.

No, I wasn’t. Luckily, I haven’t done that much before the bug occurred.

Under Edit->Settings… you can Enable auto-save - just in case you didn’t know.

It should be enabled by default. Usually, when you start a new file, Gravit asks you if you want to save it or proceed without saving it (not recommended).

That setting is only for files saved to/synced with Gravit Cloud - I supposed it is then only autosaved to the cloud. For my work we are not allowed to save to external clouds.

True:
Autosave

1 Like

Update: https://designer-beta.gravit.io/_downloads/mac/GravitDesigner.dmg

This issue should be fixed on this version.

I´m a bit confused: the download from above stated:
GDVersion
Edit: I found the culprit:
GravitSpelling
Guess which one is the latest without checking Info?
Now Welcome screen says correctly version(2021.1Mac beta) but info is: Version 3.5.56, 24.May 2021
and the new message appears regarding save locally. :wink:
(the integration of “Unsplash” is very nice)
Cheers

Thanks for the feedback.

I’ll let the devs know about the version, but this is a beta version so it will probably be corrected when it turns into a production version.

In fact, the issue that should be solved was the one reported by @lekkii about the JS exception.

About the unsplash, do you mean the “load more” fix? It solves an issue of loading tons of images and crashing the app.

I didn´t used it in project but like its implementation. “Loading more” is adding at top - so you need to constantly scroll up instead of down and down again to more and so forth - this way you´re viewing all content multiple times. I think it´s more intuitive+productive to load more at the end of the list - no?
Autosave is not on by default. And I got an error message “not enough memory to save” each time I try to save locally. Save was successful though. Autosave seems meant for cloud only use. Memory error message appears here too.
PS: one thing. Quitting GravitDesigner don´t kill the indicator(black dot und the icon) of the app in the dock. I have to close it in the dock a second time.

The unsplash feature is pretty old but I’m happy you like it. About the “load more”, don’t you see it this way? https://share.getcloudapp.com/bLukDd2K

Autosave only works on files saved on Gravit Cloud.

" And I got an error message “not enough memory to save” each time I try to save locally. "
:thinking: This should be already solved on this version.

I’ll pass the feedback. Are you using BIG SUR? What exact version?

1. Yes the button is there - but where are the new thumbnails added? Here they are added above the first one - this makes no sense. You need to scroll down when you want to add more and and scroll up to check the new one and scroll down to load more:
    Unsplash
    2: I´m now on M1MacMini/BigSur11.4 (latest)

This is really odd. Thanks for reporting.

So I´m the only one with this “revers” experience? Strange. Maybe should “uninstall” reinstall Gravit?

Nope, I have edited my comment because I was able to reproduce it and I’ve already notified the devs about it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for checking+confirming. Glad I´m not the only one. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.