Corel Vector discussion

Whats changed in the latest version?

As we no longer have a change log it would be nice to know what’s changed in i008 and did I miss version i007? It jumped from i006.1 to 8

Basically more back-end fixes, translations, properly redirecting to the new URL, rebranding URLs fixed, testing, this kind of thing.

007 tasks were “merged” into 008. Most of them were back-end so “no visible improvements” for the users, but things were necessary for future tasks.

I’m sorry for being “generic” but really, those tasks wouldn’t be exciting for you.

Yes, I agree, boring stuff for many end users. But it’s important we understand what has changed, this is after all software many of us have paid for and are using in a production environment

Some of us have also reported many bugs and suggestions and it’s a pain to have to keep checking did this bug or that bug get suddenly fixed so I can do what I need to or do it a better way

Talking of generic fixes. Your aware I’m sure that the ‘Blog’ link of the welcome screen goes to the generic Corel Vector page as does ‘Changelog’ (which you said is no longer going to be updated, I personally can’t for the life of me see the logic of that!)

Still hanging in there waiting for these ‘big things that are coming in the future’. I didn’t miss them, did I?

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, boring stuff for many end users. But it’s important we understand what has changed, this is after all software many of us have paid for and are using in a production environment

I’ll let you know when there’s something interesting.

Some of us have also reported many bugs and suggestions and it’s a pain to have to keep checking did this bug or that bug get suddenly fixed so I can do what I need to or do it a better way

Yeah, I know how it feels and I’m sorry about that, but there is no ETA for fixing a specific bug. When new bugs are fixed I’ll be the first to talk about them so those who reported them are aware and can test them as well.

Talking of generic fixes. Your aware I’m sure that the ‘Blog’ link of the welcome screen goes to the generic Corel Vector page as does ‘Changelog’ (which you said is no longer going to be updated, I personally can’t for the life of me see the logic of that!)

Nice catch, we’ve removed this very same link from another page today but we missed this one. Thanks for that. This, for example, will be a new task and I might tell you about it as “back-end things” (removing those broken links) - about the changelog, unfortunately I don’t have an answer (why) for that.

Still hanging in there waiting for these ‘big things that are coming in the future’. I didn’t miss them, did I?

You did not miss it but big changes require lots of efforts so, please bear with us.

Thanks for that Daniel

I guess my expectation for generic/behind the scenes updates that dont affect the end users or offer enhancements would be a point release not a full number like I assume 6.1 was

What are the changes for i009?

Boring back-end stuff.
(Preparations needed for the next releases.)

1 Like

i0010

Back-end stuff.

• Remove the ‘Send Developer Details’ link from Help menu
1 Like

Thanks, Daniel, guess that will appear very soon

1 Like

Was some of the back end stuff related to reading from the Corel cloud, because it ‘seems’ faster than it was.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this?

Nothing I can think of could be related. But it is possible.

Dev team uses “dev” wording and I’m not skilled enough to “translate” it into plain english. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there, i11 will be released soon, possibly next week:

2 Likes

I noticed something that’s not on your list…

Now when you do an “Export” or a “Save to local file” it uses the filename used when you saved to the cloud rather than just being blank

This is really how it should have been. So really nice to see, saves retyping a filename every single time!

1 Like

I’m sorry I failed to “translate” the dev task titles. Must have missed this one. :slight_smile:
But I’m glad it is back.

1 Like

i011.1

hotfix for translations

1 Like

012 will adress
the version number/update issue from 0.11.1
back-end stuff
sometimes sharing file goes slow (@techiekev)
cloud performance review (@techiekev)
changes on the popup when trial is over

1 Like

Good news

But wondering how we will actually get it as i011 PWA does not seem to want to do updates even though it notifies us about them and frequently insists on closing in 5 minutes

I have yet to try uninstalling the PWA, running the web client then doing the download again

It is an issue with the “friendly name”. Your version is already updated but as the new name wasn’t, it “thinks” the update is not applied yet.

You don’t need to do anything. This will be fixed on i12.

1 Like

I was wondering when you guys are going to release new features? I understand you guys are still working on moving stuff over to Corel, but there are still plenty of things that could get put into the app while you’re stilling moving over.

i012.1

• back-end hot fix.
1 Like